Please bear in mind, use Hebrew Calendar and Julian Calendar, instead of Gregorian Calendar, as discussed before. (see “Christmas-related calendars“)
- Luke 1: 10-11 => Gabriel visited Zachariah in Sukkot day (Tishri 15, 3756 Hebrew Calendar a.k.a September 26, 6 SM)
- Luke 1:23 => Zachariah departed to his home in Hebron immediately after his task had completed. His desire of having son drove him to immediately go home and meet his wife. By implication, he did not spend the night in Jerusalem.
- Considering distance and night traveling time from Jerusalem to Hebron on foot and Zachariah’s advanced age, Zachariah arrived in Hebron 16th days of Tishri morning.
- He, then, took a rest during the day at his home after serving at the temple for 24 hours plus walking on foot for approximately 11 hours 35 minutes. Meanwhile, copulation with his wife took place in the evening/ night (Tishri 17, 3756).
- Elizabeth (Zechariah’s wife) got pregnant at 17th of Tishri 3756 Hebrew Calendar.
- Luke 1: 26-27, 36 => Gabriel visited Mary at the six months of Elizabeth’s gestation.
- 17th of Tishri 3756 Hebrew Calendar + 6 months = 17th of Nisan 3756 Hebrew Calendar (March 25th, 5 BC Julian Calendar)
- Mary got pregnant on 17th of Nisan 3756 Hebrew Calendar or March 25th, 5 BC Julian Calendar.
- επλησθησαν αι ημεραι ‘eplēsthēsan ai hēmerai’ in Luke 2:6 => Mary gave birth to a full-term infant, called Jesus the Christ (Isa Al-Masih).
- According to the ancient Hebrew culture, full-term labor was 9 months of gestation.
- Thus, the date of birth of Jesus is March 25th, 5 BC Julian Calendar + 9 months = 25th of December 5th BC Julian calendar.
- December 25th on which Jesus born is also written in old writings from 1-3 AD centuries, hundreds years before Nicene council I (325 AD)
What about Bethlehem climate in December? Did it allow shepherds and sheeps in the Bethlehem pasture by night?
Yes. Bethlehem has been geographically located at 31° 42‘ 11” North Latitude and 35° 11‘ 44” East Longitude and at an altitude of 775 asl. The geographical position indicates that Bethlehem is located in the Sub–Tropical Zone or Warm-temperature Zone with average temperature ranges between 6° C – 14° C (December 2014).
In addition to climatic factor, there were three other factors allowing the shepherd and the sheep in the Bethlehem pasture during December. See “Shepherds on Bethlehem Pasture in December“.
http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Israel/Bethlehem/climate-profile.aspx , 29 Desember 2014 , 9:00 WIB