How Christmas started?
- The angels exemplified Christmas celebration (Luke 2: 13-14).
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2: 13)
- The shepherds followed the angels (Luke 2: 20).
And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them. (Luke 2: 20)
- The first generation of believers followed examples from the angels and the shepherds (2 Timothy 2: 8, Apostolic constitution by Clement Romanus I ).
Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: (2 Timothy 2:8)
- Remember that…. => instruction of commemorating
- Jesus Christ of the seed of David…. => Christmas
- …was raised from the dead according to my gospel. => Passover/resurrection
- The second generation followed examples from the angels, the shepherds and the first. (St. Telesphorus instituted tradition from 1st generation.)
- The third generation followed examples from the angels, the shepherds, the first and the second (Theophilus, bishop Caesarean)
- ….many generations later….
- Our generation followed examples from the angels, the shepherds, and previous generations.