How to celebrate Christmas according to the Bible?
Biblical Christmas celebration includes:
- Sing Christmas song (Luke 2: 13-14, 20)
- Remember and contemplate Christmas story (Matthew 1-2, Luke 1-3, 2 Timothy 2: 8, Luke 2: 19)
- Fasting weeks (Mark 2: 20) from November 15 to December 24.
- Christmas light festival (John 1: 9 and derived from Hanukkah)
- Christmas week (traditional biblical festivals were 7 days)
- Fellowship with brothers or sisters in Christ (Luke 2: 13-14)
- Christmas gift as The GOD gave His gift —Jesus — to the world (John 3:16). For example, social service to the poors.
- Pray (Luke 18: 1)
- Heavenly joyful moment (Luke 2: 13-14, 20)
- Peace greetings (Luke 2: 14)
- Green leaf decoration to welcome the first coming of the King of kings (Mark 11: 8)
Term “Christmas tradition” should include only Christmas traditions based on Bible. Others than Bible-based tradition , such as commercialism, are secular supplemental tradition to Christmas, they are not Christmas tradition and not the valid reason to avoid people from following the Christmas celebration example of angels and shepherds.